Objectives of COE for Human Resource Management:
With great response received from above mentioned initiatives and the growing importance of the field HR, we decided to formerly launch a Centre of Excellence for HRM with the following objectives:
- To bridge the academia-industry gap through Industry Visits, Guest talks by eminent Industry experts etc…
- To better manage people with the appropriate knowledge and skills required to be an HR professional
- To be able to appreciate and understand the importance of HRM being integrated into the strategic planning of the organization
- Understand the dynamics of group behaviour and to achieve better interpersonal relationships within the organization
- Develop decision-making ability based on sound facts and analysis of various business situations
- Learning the skills of effective negotiation and intricacies including legal aspects of collective bargaining and settlements
- Thorough understanding of different labour laws in India and understand the elements of structuring and design problems
The following team of mentors will work for the centre:
- Ms Stuti Trivedi, Assistant Professor, CKSVIM – Chief Mentor
- Ms. Hetal Thakar, Assistant Professor, CKSVIM, Coordinator
- Dr. Ranjita Banerjee, Associate Professor, CKSVIM
The Chief Mentor/ Coordinator report to the Director of CKSVIM, who provides the necessary guidance and support to the Centre.
HRM Centre’s Agenda
The Centre of Excellence in human resource shall conduct at least two programs (seminars etc) in the coming year, and raise its profile and projects suitably in future.
The following HRM Programs organized under C – HRM:
- Session on Interview Preparation was conducted on 7th September, 2019 by Mr Sameer Patel, Lead Recruiter, Collabera and a Proud CKSVIM Alumni.
- A special session was organized on “Resume Making and Professional Media Profile Creating”, conducted by Mr Parth Jadhav, Social Media Strategist @ Techgrains Technologies and a Proud CKSVIM Alumni on 4th September 2019.
- CKSVIM organized a workshop on “Skilling MBAs” under the Centre for Human Resource Management (C-HRM) and Industry Institute Partnership Cell (IIPC) on 24th January 2015, Saturday.
- Diwali Fest 2014 was organized by HR students (Batch V) to know, learn, explore and check the opportunity and feasibility to start an Enterprise like Event Management on 17th October 2014.
- Field Trip was organized for HR specialization students (Batch IV) who were keen to know, learn, explore and check the opportunity and feasibility to start an Enterprise like Play centre, after the kind permission of Dr Rajesh Khajuria, Director, CKSVIM had an opportunity to visit ‘Shubham’(Enterprise) on 14th March 2014
- Second Regional Meet on “Quality in Higher Education Institutions” at Vadodara was held on 4th February 2012 in collaboration with Higher Education Forum, Mumbai.
- With the objective to enhance the employability of the MBA students of CKSVIM and Gujarat Technological University (GTU) and in order to understand the industry requirements from prospective employers, the ‘1st Round-table on HR skills’ was organized by C K Shah Vijapurwala Institute of Management (CKSVIM) on 18th June 2011 (3.30 – 5.30 p.m) at SMJV Campus on R V Desai Road, Vadodara.
- SMJV’s CKSVIM under C-HRD was by organizing one day Workshop on “Developing HR Skills in Young Managers” on 20th February 2010 in collaboration with Indian Society for Training and Development (ISTD), Vadodara Chapter.
- First “Regional Meet” on “Education: Building a Skilled Society” scheduled at Vadodara (Gujarat) on 8 January 2010 in collaboration with Higher Education Forum (HEF), Mumbai.